Saturday, November 23, 2013

Breaking My Back Just to Know Your Name

But heaven ain't close in a place like this. 

Writing this because it was amazing and frankly the ending is magnificent and needs to be told.

I was volunteering for a festival, taking details to send out a survey, which is pretty intimidating- walking into a room full of strangers by yourself and making conversation and walking away with emails. It's basically a master class of How to Pick Up. Needless to say I got about 30 contact details (double my target). Anyway, I digress. I was there early, in the band room, and without patrons there I just got all the band members to sign up: enter That Guy. Tall. Broad shouldered. Chatty. Ginger, but that's not the worst thing in the world, and as it turned out, very useful. I make a second round of the room and come back to the main group and there's a bit more chatting before he picks up a guitar and stands in front of a mic. *SWOON* Then, as if my vagina wasn't already activated, at the end of the set it's revealed he's also a FIREMAN. Ugh. 

I left to meet a mate and said bye on the way out. *CUE OPEN PRAYING WE'D MEET AGAIN*

Today, I lamented to a mate of mine that I hadn't seen him since and I clearly needed to get all up on that. I gave her his first name and the name of the artist he was playing with and in under 5 minutes she'd FUCKING FOUND HIM ONLINE. 

Guys. Gingers. They're FUCKING CONNECTED. They can find each other. Ala Vulcans or the Turtles in Rocko's Modern Life. Mind=BLOWN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment